Sunday, May 15, 2011

Valerie Fox

Hello hello!
 So I'm Valerie... I'm a rising senior at Carleton College in Minnesota, where I'm studying physics. This summer, I'll be working with Mr. Richard Schnurr to develop a material process for magnetometer rings and assist in the development and calibration of the Magnetic Test Facility at Goddard. 

I'm from Northern California, and grew up out in the country where the stars were unobscured by streetlights or neighboring houses. My early infatuation with the stars eventually turned into an enduring love affair with the sciences. I think materials science is extremely interesting, though it certainly hasn't replaced my fascination with outer space. Or, y'know,  geophysics, environmental engineering, nuclear science... there's too much cool stuff out there.

So besides sciencey things, I love traveling and exploring, either the great outdoors or the urban jungle. I also love partner dancing -- swing, waltz, you name it and I can probably dance it or at least fake it. More likely that second option. So if anyone would like to learn...In any case, I also enjoy playing soccer, and reading is also pretty high on my list. I think a number of people have already listed some pretty good authors. We should share some titles. That's a decently arbitrary list of activities to sum up, I think...
Oh yeah... I also really like kayaking.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody, and I'm excited about a great upcoming summer!
smiles,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment