Friday, May 20, 2011

Kristen Bennett


Hello! My name is Kristen Bennett and I will be graduating from UCLA next month with a degree in Astrophysics. I was born in Minnesota, but I have lived in Southern California for most of my life. I have always been interested in stars and astronomy, which led me to become very involved in the Physics Department and the Undergraduate Astronomical Society. I started doing research with the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) Diviner instrument two years ago, which started my journey in planetary sciences. In the fall, I will be attending Arizona State University for a PhD program in geoscience and planetary science. 
Outside of school, I am involved in a sorority (Delta Delta Delta) and I enjoy all kinds of sports. I have been a part of soccer, cross country, lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee teams. I also love to travel and I am a huge fan of Doctor Who and Harry Potter! 
This summer I will be working with Dr. McClanahan on LRO LEND and Diviner data to research insolation effects on Hydrogen on the Moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment