Friday, May 13, 2011

Heather Meyer

Buongiorno a tutti!  I’m Heather Meyer, and I’ll be working on the project entitled “Hidden Impact Basins and the Early Bombardment History of the Moon, Mars and Earth” with Dr. Herbert Frey. I am really excited to be a part of this amazing opportunity.

I have a BA in Religious Studies with a minor in European Studies from the College of Charleston (CofC) in South Carolina, and I am currently pursuing a BS in Geology and a minor in Astronomy at CofC. Why choose Religious Studies only to switch to the sciences? Well, I like to understand how things work--ALL things. I wanted to develop a comprehensive understanding of the complexity and range of all human experience and natural phenomena. It’s quite a task, but I love to learn.

This fall, I will be applying to Planetary Science programs across the country and a few abroad. I will also be applying to a few integrated science and engineering degree programs. I’m all about interdisciplinary collaboration!

The Personal Touch: I grew up in Charleston, South Carolina. No, I don’t have the cliché Southern accent. I am certainly a talker, but I’m also a decent listener. I am pretty adventurous, and I love nothing more than to travel and to experience new things. I love to learn about other cultures and languages, particularly in situ.  I am fascinated by art, music, and people. I’m also a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but you wouldn’t guess that by looking at me!

I can’t wait to meet everyone. I’m sure this will be a great summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment