Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seth Sykora-Bodie

Hello all, my name is Seth and I will be your other staff assistant this summer.  I just graduated from Slippery Rock University too, but my degrees are in Political Science, Geography, and French, with a minor in Philosophy. That is a bit of a different background from the rest of you so I warn you now, I can't do math, long division is a bit beyond me. I write papers about foreign affairs and sustainability, those are my things.

This fall I'll be starting a graduate program at the University of Maryland (talk about convenient) in Public Policy. My specialization is International Security and Economic Policy, basically my focus will be on how environmental issues become national security ones.

About me, I speak French and some very rusty Arabic. I've lived in France and Tunisia and England and South Korea. I've traveled all over the place and I'm feeling a little cooped up at the moment because I haven't been out of the country in about 5 months. I have taken part in language programs with the State Department, worked for our former Gov. Rendell, and written for a couple newspapers. I like to spend my time in the mountains or on the beach (especially Lake Erie). I have a cat named Toast. My brother is in Chile this year. I like to play frisbee and read. And that's all I can think of so you'll have to wait till June for more.

See you soon,

Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment