Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Andy Ryan

Greetings everyone! My name is Andy Ryan and I am a staff assistant for the LPSA this year. I'm looking forward to another exciting, productive, and memorable summer in College Park and at GSFC.

I graduated last week from Slippery Rock University of PA with a BS in Environmental Science and a physics minor. In the fall, I'll be attending Arizona State University for graduate studies in planetary science and geology.

I was a member of the LPSA last summer and, let me tell you, it was an incredible time. Our collaborative field studies took us to Death Valley to study the mystery of the sliding rocks at Racetrack Playa. We still haven't ruled out aliens....

A bit of personal information: I grew up in Pittsburgh, so don't be surprised if I often talk about the Penguins, Steelers, and/or Primanti's sandwiches. I am quite adventurous and love to travel to new places, meet new people, and spend time in the field. Basically, exploring the unknown and the lesser known is enticing in ways that I can't describe.  Music is also a big part of my life. This includes listening, playing guitar and trumpet, and going to concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment