Friday, May 20, 2011

Marie McBride


Hello, I'm Marie McBride. I just finished my sophomore year at the Florida Institute of Technology majoring in Solar, Earth, and Planetary Science with a minor in Physics. This summer I will be working on the project "Restoration and Analysis of Apollo Lunar Data" with Dr. David Williams.

I am from Hermitage, Pennsylvania just north of Pittsburgh. I grew up always loving the space sciences. Ironically, I even lost my first tooth in a planetarium. In the future I hope to be selected for the astronaut program. For many years my goal has been to be the 1st woman on the moon and I will always work my hardest to try and make this goal a reality. 

I have always been an athlete. Currently, I am a part of the women's varsity rowing at Florida Tech. In 2010, my boat placed second at the NCAA Division II Nationals. At school, I am also a resident assistant and an elementary school tutor. In my free time, I love to run/workout, spend time with friends, and travel with my family.

This internship is a dream come true for me and I can not wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment