Saturday, May 14, 2011

Melissa Guzman

Hi, everyone!
I’m Melissa.
I grew up in Raleigh, NC.  This summer, I’m working on a cross-examination study of Saturnian kilometric radio emissions observed by Cassini and Ulysses with Dr. Robert MacDowall.

I will graduate in a couple days with a BS in physics from Davidson College.  Next year, I’ll be in Madaba, Jordan on a teaching fellowship for 1 year before heading to Colorado Boulder to study aerospace engineering. 

Besides space physics, my passions include creative writing and slam poetry, water sports, hiking and peace efforts in Colombia.  I enjoy learning about conservation issues and lived in an ecological co-op during college.  I love discovering quirky details about other people.  Something about me is I have a fascination with insects.  My dad used to be an entomologist and we grew up breeding praying mantises, tarantulas, and other many-legged creatures. 

I also love to play and listen to music, and I love to dance.  All together and separately!

From reading the bios already posted, I can tell we’re all going to learn a lot from each other and I’m excited to get started.  I’m looking forward to laughs, games and good conversations with you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment