Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peter Solfest


Good Morning everyone!

Lets begin with the facts: I was born in California in 1989, moved to Minnesota when I was 3. Lived in the same city about half an hour north of the twin cities until I went off to Michigan Technological University. I have now completed my third year at Michigan Tech double majoring in Physics and Computational Math, and am one year away from graduation. This summer I shall be working with Dr. Ann Parsons on the project "Measurement of Bulk Geochemistry of Planetary Science". It is an exciting opportunity which I am thrilled to have.

Now for who I am: In seventh grade I was bored and picked up Foundation (authored by Isaac Asimov) to read. Ever since, I have read a lot of sci-fi, and it was really what inspired me to go into physics. On a related note, I am excited for the near future and watching SpaceX and others lead us into a true space age. I also enjoy my computer games, especially Civ 5 and Mass Effect.

As far as the coursework goes, I have found that other than the Math and Physics courses, I thoroughly enjoy my Computer Science courses. I have a tendency to procrastinate like none other, but really do enjoy the coursework.

On the physical front, I don't tend to do a whole lot. I do enjoy competition, but really am not in any sort of shape to be seriously competitive. That said, I enjoy participating in broomball every year up at college. I also enjoy canoeing, and just wandering around the shoreline of Lake Superior (as seen in the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment