Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hayley Williamson

Hello everyone! I'm Hayley, and I am a sophomore at Randolph-Macon College studying Physics and Math, with a minor in Astrophysics. This summer, I will be working on studying the Magnetic field and Charged Particle Environment of Venus and Mars with Dr. Joseph Grebowsky.

Now, a little about me, I suppose. I live just outside of Richmond, Virginia and I love riding horses. I've always been an avid reader, and I love science fiction, particularly that of Arthur C. Clarke. Randolph-Macon is a liberal arts college, so despite being a physics major, I also enjoy other subjects such as history. I'm on the debate team here and it has become one of my favorite things to do. I'm hoping that speaking skills will come in handy this summer.

I'm incredibly excited about the opportunity to work with all of you this summer. My grandpa used to work with NASA Langley, and I guess he was the one that made me love space for everything that it meant-- a sort of escape from the normal. I never thought I would like physics until I actually took it, then I realized that it was actually what I wanted to do with my life! Anyway, when it comes down to it, I love astrophysics and am planning on going to an as-of-yet unknown graduate school to pursue a degree in it.

P.S. on a side note to Peter, I also love Mass Effect :)


No comments:

Post a Comment